Cold weather safety
With the temperatures dropping, I thought this would be a good time to share some cold weather safety tips and reminders.
• Keep extra blankets, hats, mittens, and jackets in your vehicles.
• Wear layers, at low temperatures frost bite can happen in minutes.
• Make sure windows and doors get properly closed.
• Make sure to wear boots or shoes with grip on the bottom to help prevent slipping.
• Drive slow and with caution, ice is not always visible.
• Make sure to properly shovel sidewalks, porches, and driveways.
• Do not leave children or pets outdoors unattended for long periods of time.
• Walk slow on ice.
• Be aware any weather warnings.